"This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures." ~Rudyard Kipling

Wednesday 23 October 2013

London Calling

I love London.

A deep, abiding, can't get enough of it, kind of love. I daydream about it. I scheme about what we'll do together next. I keep tabs on its capers. So, after the delightful tryst with Cheltenham, my heart quickened as we drove through the enchanting Cotswolds to the city of my dreams.

The main event was to happen on our first night in town: Guv's Birthday Do. I was so excited to see my cousins and their girlfriends again...it's been years since I had seen them altogether! And so...all gussied up, we set off to St. James's Street.

Needless to say, the evening was absolutely perfect: Pol Roger & Canapes; Chicken & Smoked Quail Terrine; Halibut with Pea Puree, Tomato Compote, Confit Potato & Herb Cream; Watermelon Sorbet; Breast of Duck with Confit Leg, Cherry Compote, Artichoke Puree & Kirsch Jus; Dark Chocolate Sphere filled with Black Cherry Mousse; and, my favourite of all - Half a Baby Stilton with a very fine Old Tawny Port. My darling uncle couldn't have chosen a more perfect menu! I only wish all the family could have been there!
Happy Birthday Guv!
And so, after rousing speeches, giggles, and tears, we all begged that the event be made an annual one!

No comments:

Post a Comment