"This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures." ~Rudyard Kipling

Tuesday 22 October 2013

En Route to India


En route to India we popped by the UK to celebrate Guv's (aka my uncle's) 70th birthday and visit with family & friends. We started in the elegant spa city of Cheltenham, where my mother & uncle spent their childhoods.

Guv took us for lunch at The Langton, a lovely restaurant housed in a classic Georgian building that used to be a part of the Charlton Park Convent School, which he and my ma had attended as chiddlers.

The Langton, Cheltenham

Once inside, there was quite a surprise for us, for as we walked into the bar, there hung the old school photo, including my mother.

Charlton Park School Photo - date tbd
Doesn't it look smashing! I love those photos of the whole school in one sitting! Funnily enough, I have the photo and have been meaning to have it framed. Just moved that up the list! I had a lovely chat with one of the staff, who are trying to pinpoint the date the photo was taken...so, once I'm home, I'll be forwarding details to them. I believe there were also some small boys at either end of the photo who are missing in this grand reproduction.

Mum & Me - together again!
That's Mum in the white shirt and tie...second to the right (when you're looking at me), and my godmother fifth to the right, same row.
The lovely Langton
Oh, and by the way, the food, service, and decor in The Langton were all perfect! Another lovely day!

Thanks for stopping by...xoxox


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Guv! What an excellent way to celebrate. Love the pic of you and your Mum, and your godmother too, that's lucky you could all fit in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Dani! It was such a great surprise to see that photo on the wall!

    ReplyDelete