"This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures." ~Rudyard Kipling

Saturday 7 December 2013

Roses (not so wild) in India

I wanted to share the roses
 that brightened my day
while I was walking home earlier this afternoon.

When we arrived in early October.
the rose bushes had all been chopped back.
"Oh too bad," 
I thought, as I didn't expect to see them bloom.

Well, here they are, 
just in time for Christmas!

They are in the most beautiful shades.
This beauty was tinged with mauve.
Most unusual.
Unfortunately, there weren't any identification tags.
I guess that means I can name them myself.
First Blush
It's so encouraging to see more buds on the way.
Lush Flush.
This just might be my favourite...
But, this one reminds me of a cozy fire.
Alabaster touched by a sunset
Sweetness & Promise
Mais, j'adore rouge!
And it's so Christmassy!
I'm only sorry that I couldn't take more photos to share,
but, 
I could only ignore the piercing whistles of the hopping security guard for so long.

2 comments:

  1. Hopping security guard! Good for you, and for us, for getting any pictures, that was brave of you. And they are gorgeous! How funny it must be to see blooming roses before Christmas, have you seen the temps in western Canada this week? Bone chilling! It's positively balmy in Ontario hovering around the zero mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr! I'll have to make sure we have warm coats & boots to meet us at the airport! We hadn't seen one bit of Christmas until we visited a small Anglican church just a couple of days ago, and saw their decorated tree! I'm as excited as a school girl for all of that hoopla now! Enjoy your balmy December...sounds like good x-country skiing weather?

    ReplyDelete